Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 1, Desk

Since I am still under the weather, though feeling better than I was, I decided to start where I was.  I've been spending a lot of time sleeping and lying in bed.  My desk is right next to my bed, so that is where I started!  My "desk" is actually a 6-foot table.  Before, I had one of those nice armoire desks where you could close the doors and no one could see inside.  But there are a lot of problems with those desks.  1) you can close the door and pretend there's no mess inside, 2) you can lose things (at least I can), 3) in our house, mice tend to think that kind of desk is perfect for nesting!  Ewww!  So I decided I wanted a desk with no doors, drawers or cubby holes whatsoever.  Unfortunately, this type of desk also is an easy dumping ground in my bedroom for everyone's stuff.  So Day 1, I decided to tackle this project.  I regret not taking a 'before' photo, but here is what it looked like after:

Now this is where my "Clean House" inspiration comes in.  Even though my desk is now clean AND organized, I realized from this photo that it is still CLUTTERED.  So I am working on a plan to actually change this.  My dresser is completely empty since I keep my clothes in the family closet/laundry room. I realized that not only is the dresser serving only one purpose (as a stand for my dollhouse), it is HUGE.  So my new plan is to get a smaller stand for the dollhouse and also use it for storage for desk items such as paper, envelopes, etc.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment