Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 8, Kitchen - part 1

I guess you've figured out that these days are not consecutive.  I only count the days I work on the Project.  SO, I've had to switch gears.  I realized there was no way I could finish the bedroom until a lot of other areas are finished because I have so much stuff that needs to go to these other areas that are just in limbo in the bedroom right now.  So I decided to move on to the kitchen.  Organizing things in my kitchen is very difficult.  We barely have any space to put anything.  Here is the extent of our kitchen cabinets:


Kitchen 4

Charming, aren't they?  Pure 1940's something, I'm sure.  So yeah, it's tough.  We also have a very tiny pantry closet for canned goods, paper towels, etc. but here's where we keep a lot of our food:


It was feeling a bit disorganized so I decided to work on it today.  Here's how it turned out:



Top shelf holds my most-used cookbooks & recipes, a jar of candy, a basket full of empty mason jars, bottles of juice.  Second shelf: Breakfast items - oatmeal, cereal, pancake mix and pancake syrup and the candy basket.  Third shelf: I love these yellow/orange/red baskets.  I got them from AVON a long time ago.  They snap together or lay flat for storage.  There are 3 sizes.  The smallest one holds bread.  The next size holds snacks (microwave popcorn, granola bars, etc).  Also on this shelf is bags of potatoes, peanut butter, and a box of crackers.  Can you tell we need to go shopping?  Fourth shelf: Ramen noodles (I buy a case for my 20-year-old every grocery day), another basket with chips, the green basket holds all of the lids to my pots and pans.  Bottom shelf: A big cardboard box full of reusable grocery bags, and a large plastic tote full of everyone's hats, gloves and scarves.  These live here because the tiny closet you can barely see to the right has nowhere to store them.  (It barely stores the coats.) 

I am also working on decluttering the rest of the kitchen, mainly the cabinets, so stay tuned for more on those tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment